Cream of Celery Root Soup with Garlic Croutons
- For the soup
- 250 grams Celery root
- 2 large potatoes (starchy, about 300 grams)
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 800 milliliters Vegetable broth (prepared product)
- 1 cup (200 grams) Whipped cream
- freshly ground pepper
- lemon juice (for sprinkling)
Peel, rinse and cut celery root and potatoes into pieces. Peel and dice onion. In a large pot, sauté onion, celery root and potatoes briefly in oil. Add broth, cover and cook 30 minutes.
For the croutons, cut baguette into large pieces. Peel and slice garlic. Rinse parsley, shake dry, strip leaves from stems and coarsely chop. Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add baguette pieces and garlic and sauté until golden-brown. Mix in parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Puree soup, add cream and cook until heated through. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Serve soup topped with garlic croutons.