Chicken Soup with Noodles and Mint
- 3 Tbsps Oil
- 3 Tbsps red Curry paste
- 1 ⅔ cups Coconut milk
- 1 ⅔ cups chicken stock
- 2 large Chicken breasts (skinned and cut into strips)
- 2 Tbsps Fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 5 ozs Rice noodles (soaked according to packet instructions, drained and coated with a little oil)
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- 8 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- ½ Cucumber (deseeded and cut into strips)
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- 2 Lime leaves (finely sliced)
- 1 handful Bean sprout
How healthy are the main ingredients?Coconut milksoy saucesugarChicken breastLimetomato
1 Baking sheet, 1 Bowl, 1 Cutting board, 1 Small knife, 1 Tablespoon, 1 Teaspoon, 1 Fine-mesh sieve, 1 Whisk, 1 Cookie cutter ring (6 cm Ø), 1 Brush, 1 Oven rack, 1 Large knife, 1 Citrus juicer, 1 Oven rack, 1 Paper towel
Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the curry paste for 2 minutes.
Add the coconut milk and stock, bring to a boil and add the chicken. Simmer gently for 5 minutes then add the fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, noodles and lime juice.
Simmer for 5 more minutes, season with salt and pepper then ladle into warmed bowls. Serve garnished with the remaining ingredients.