- 1 chicken (cut into eight parts)
- 500 grams ripe tomatoes (peeled,without seeds and chopped coarsely)
- 250 grams button Mushroom (cleaned, cut into slices)
- 200 grams Pearl onion (or shallots, peeled)
- ½ bunch parsley
- ¼ bunch Basil
- 2 garlic (peeled and squeezed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅛ liter white wine (dry)
- ⅛ liter Chicken broth
Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet or a Dutch oven and brown chicken pieces on all sides for about 10 minutes. Remove breasts from the pan and set aside. Add tomatoes, white wine, chicken stock and pressed garlic to the pan and simmer, covered, for about 45 minutes.
Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in another pan and saute mushrooms and onions, stirring, for about 10 minutes. Season with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, salt and pepper. Remove chicken from the pan and simmer sauce until it thickens. Season to taste.
Return meat to the pan and reheat through. Add mushrooms and onions and mix well. Rinse parsley and basil, shake dry, set few leaves for garnishing aside and chop the rest finely. Add to the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Arrange chicken iwth vegetables and sauce on plates, garnish with herbs and serve.