Chicken Couscous with Fruity Salad
ready in 35 min.
- 2 cups low-sodium Chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups plain Couscous
- 3 cups cooked, boneless, skinless chicken (cooled and cubed)
- 4 cups fresh, mixed Fruit cut into bite-size pieces (apples, seedless grapes and orange segments)
- ½ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 Tbsp good-quality olive oil
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup Orange juice
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- Lettuce rinsed (to serve)
How healthy are the main ingredients?chickenOrange juiceolive oilcinnamon
In a medium saucepan, set over medium-high heat, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Stir in the couscous, cover and remove pan from heat source. Let stand for 5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff gently with a fork. Transfer couscous to a large bowl and chill, uncovered, in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
Add the chicken and fruit to the chilled couscous; toss to mix.
In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt, olive oil, cinnamon, orange juice and lemon juice. Drizzle the yogurt mixture over the chicken mixture and gently stir to blend. Serve on a bed of lettuce leaves.