White Chocolate Gingerbread Bonbons
- 500 grams white Couverture (vegan)
- 75 milliliters vegan Whipped cream
- 30 strips of decorative aluminum foil for wrapping chocolate (each 10-12 cm long and 3 cm wide) (approximately 4-5 inches long by 1 inch wide)
- 100 grams vegan butter
- 50 grams powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Gingerbread spice
- 2 centiliters Gingerbread Liqueur (or almond liqueur)
- 60 Chocolate garnish (about 4 cm long) (approximately 1 1/4 inches)
For the chocolate ganache: Chop the chocolate and place 200 grams in a bowl. Bring the cream to a boil then pour over the chocolate in the bowl. Let stand for 1 minute then stir with a spatula until the ganache is homogeneous. Let cool for at least 4 hours.
Meanwhile, cut off a corner from each film strip so that they are tapered. Melt the remaining chocolate, temper and use to coat the film strips. Once the chocolate has set slightly, squeeze the foil strips together at the pointed corners and place on parchment paper. Let the cases cool until the chocolate is solid, around 1 hour.
For the gingerbread filling: Beat the butter until creamy with the powdered sugar. Stir in the white chocolate ganache, gingerbread spices and liqueurs. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a plain tip, fill the chocolate shells to the brim, arrange the chocolate decor over the shells to cap, pressing gently to seal. Chill for 2 hours then gently remove the chocolate foil strips.