Venison Fillet with Walnut Crust and Corn Salad
- 500 grams trimmed Roast saddle of venison
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (for cooking)
- 1 fresh rosemary
- Salt and Black pepper
- 60 grams softened butter
- 50 grams ground hazelnuts and Walnut
- 100 grams lamb's lettuce
- 3 tablespoons White vinegar
- 2 tablespoons each cranberry jam from the jar, olive and Walnut oil
Cut venison fillet into four equal portions. Heat oil with the rosemary sprig in a pan. Cook the venison fillets on both sides over high heat for 2 minutes. Season meat with salt and pepper. Place meat in a baking dish. Allow to cool slightly.
Knead butter with hazelnuts and walnuts until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Spread on the venison pieces. Roast in preheated 160°C (approximately 325°F) oven for 7 to 8 minutes for pink meat. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes before slicing.
Rinse lettuce thoroughly and spin dry. Whisk vinegar with cranberry jam and the oils. Season with salt and pepper. Toss lettuce with the dressing. Slice venison fillets and serve with the salad.