Veal Shank with Vegetables
- 4 Stuffed veal (each about 150 grams, walnut-shaped pieces from the knuckle)
- fresh peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 100 milliliters dry white wine
- 500 milliliters clear Vegetable broth (instant)
- 300 grams carrots (small cubes)
- 400 grams Leeks (cut into strips)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 150 grams Crème fraiche
- white peppers
Season veal with salt and pepper and fry in a pot with oil.
Add onion and cook briefly, deglaze the pot with white wine and broth, cover and cook for about 1 hour.
Add carrots and fry another 10 minutes.
Stir starch in a bowl with a little water until smooth, add into the pot and bind the sauce.
Then add leek, bring to a boil briefly and then `remove from heat, stir in creme fraiche, season to taste and serve.
If desired serve with boiled potatoes.