Low Calorie Lunch
ready in 50 min.
This fresh summer salad is packed with vitamins from the arugula and radishes, while the mung bean sprouts are a good source of protein and niacin.
If you'd like a bit more protein in this salad, substitute the eggs for grilled chicken breast.
Author of this recipe:
- For Croutons
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (crushed)
- 5 slices white Bread (crusts trimmed and cubed)
- For Dressing
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 tablespoons Cider vinegar
- freshly ground Black pepper
- For Salad
- 1 bunch Arugula
- 5 cups mixed salad (baby spinach, curly endive, dandelion, frisee, sorrel, etc. )
- ¼ cup Chervil
- 4 scallions (washed and cut diagonally)
- 1 bunch Radish (washed and sliced)
- ½ cup Mung bean sprouts (rinsed)
- 12 freshly picked Daisy (gently washed)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (peeled and sliced)
Preheat oven to 300º F. Combine olive oil, garlic powder and parsley; mix until garlic is dissolved. In a large bowl, toss bread and oil mixture together to evenly coat. Spread coated bread cubes on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes turning once or twice, or until crispy and golden brown.
In a small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, salt and pepper; mix well. Set aside.
Wash and dry arugula, salad greens and chervil. Arrange greens, spring onions, sliced radishes, bean sprouts, and daisies on 4 individual plates. Drizzle with dressing and garnish with sliced eggs and croutons. Serve.