- 8 ready to cook Cuttlefish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 onions
- 2 garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 grams Ground meat (veal)
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- freshly ground peppers
- ½ teaspoon hot ground paprika
- 2 teaspoons organic Lemon peel
- 800 grams Beefsteak tomato
- 5 tablespoons raisins (soaked and drained)
- 4 tablespoons Pine nuts (toasted)
Rinse and pat dry squid, sprinkle with lemon juice and season with salt. Refrigerate, covered. Peel 2 onions and garlic and chop finely.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a high-sided pan and saute onions and garlic for a few minutes. Cool and combine with ground meat, breadcrumbs and eggs. Season with salt, pepper, paprika and lemon zest and stuff squid with the mixutre. Secure openings with toothpicks.
Blanch tomatoes in hot water and peel, dice into small cubes. Heat remaining oil in a pan and brown squid on all sides. Remove from the pan and keep warm, covered.
Chop the third onion finely and saute in the pan with remaining oil. Add tomatoes and raisins, season with salt and pepper and simmer for about 5 minutes. Return squid to the pan and cook, covered, for about 25 minutes on low heat. Season sauce to taste. Sprinkle squid with pine nuts and serve immediately. If desired, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with garlic bread.