Stuffed Pig Stomach
- 25 grams butter
- 60 grams onions (in small cubes)
- 1 stalk Leeks (in thin rings)
- 500 grams lean Pork belly (finely chopped)
- 500 grams lean Pork (finely chopped)
- 600 grams Sausage meat
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ kilograms waxy potatoes (in small cubes)
- 3 eggs
- 2 dried White rolls (soaked, expressed)
- 1 large Stuffed pig stomach (pre cleaned at the butcher)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Melt butter in a large saucepan, sauté onions and leeks slightly and simmer about 15 minutes, then leave to cool. Cook potatoes for 15-20 minutes in boiling salted water, remove from heat and drain well. Combine chopped pork meat with sausage meat, spices, garlic, soaked bread and eggs and mix well. Then add the sautéd vegetables and potatoes. Knead together well, then season heavily. Spoon finished filling into stomach, making sure that the stomach is not too full.
Firmly tie stomach at the openings with a thin cord and cook in hot salted water (not boiling) for about 3.5 hours. It must always be covered with water so top up water as necessary.
Remove, drain and brush with melted butter. Bake in oven until golden brown at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for about 10 minutes.
Serve to taste with sauerkraut and bacon.