for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 ⅔ cups Minced Beef
- 3 tablespoons tomato puree
- ½ teaspoon ground Cumin
- ½ cup black Olives (pitted)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 red chile pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 ¾ cups canned Sweet corn (drained)
- 2 cups canned chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup canned Kidney beans (drained)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- freshly ground peppers
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sweat the onions and garlic, stirring, until translucent. Add the mince and fry, breaking it up and browning all over.
Stir in the tomato puree, cumin and coriander. Cut the olives into rings, add to the pan with the pepper, chilli, sweetcorn, chopped tomatoes and beans and bring to a steady simmer. Season with salt and transfer to a baking dish.
Bake in an oven preheated to 200°C (180° fan) | 400F | gas 6 for about 20 minutes. Scatter the grated mozzarella over the mince and vegetables and bake for a further 10 minutes.