- 300 grams Smoked salmon
- 2 Scallions
- 3 sprigs fresh flat-leaf Parsley
- 3 tablespoons Caper (from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon green Pepper (from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons white Balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 package frozen Hash brown (450 grams) (approximately 16 ounces)
- 2 Belgian endives
- 5 tablespoons Milk
- 75 grams Creme fraiche cheese
- 2 teaspoons Horseradish (from a jar)
- 1 Red Onion
Cut the salmon into 1/2 cm (approximately 1/4 inch) thick slices then cut into cubes.
Trim the scallions, rinse, pat dry and chop the white and light green parts finely. Rinse the parsley, shake dry, pluck the leaves and chop finely. Drain the capers and green peppercorns, chop and mix with the salmon, scallion, parsley, mustard and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, cover and chill. Meanwhile, bake the rösti according to package instructions.
Rinse the endive, cut in half lengthwise, core then cut crosswise into thick strips. Mix the milk, crème fraîche and horseradish together and season with salt and pepper. Rinse the chives, shake dry and cut into small rings. Toss with the endive. Peel the onion and slice very thinly. Arrange the smoked salmon on the röstis and garnish with onion rings and endive.