for 4 servings
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Peppercorn (crushed)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh Herbs (rosemary, thyme and parsley, chopped)
- 35 ounces lamb (from the shoulder or leg)
- For the salsa
- 2 pomegranates (seeds removed)
- 2 Red onions (diced)
- 4 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- cayenne pepper
- parsley (to garnish)
Mix together the garlic, pepper, oil and herbs and rub into the meat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
Heat the oven to 150°C (130°C in a fan oven), 300°F, gas 2.
Seal the meat on all sides and then roast on an oven rack (with a baking tray below to catch the fat) for approx. 90 minutes.
To make the salsa place the pomegranate seeds, onions and tomatoes in a bowl. Stir in the honey, lemon juice, oil and parsley and season with salt and cayenne pepper.
Remove the meat from the oven, wrap in aluminium foil and leave to rest for a few minutes. Serve in slices with the salsa and garnish with parsley.