Semolina Cake with Jam and Almonds
- softened butter (and ground almonds, for pan)
- 50 grams butter
- 250 grams Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 80 grams sugar
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons Rum
- 150 grams Semolina
- 50 grams ground, peeled almonds
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 175 grams Jam (such as cherry, plum, peach)
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
- Ground cinnamon (for dusting)
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
Butter springform pan and sprinkle with almonds.
Melt butter and cool slightly. Combine yogurt with eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, salt, lemon zest and rum. Whisk until foamy. Combine semolina with ground almonds and baking powder. Fold into egg mixture. Pour half of batter into a springform and top with jam. Spread remaining batter and smooth. Bake in preheated oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for about 40 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil if cake browns too much. Cool.
Toast almonds in a dry pan. Remove and let cool.
Loosen cake from springform and place on a cake plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon and powdered sugar. Garnish with toasted almonds and serve.