for 4 servings
- olive oil (for the baking dish)
- 28 ounces Sardine (ready-to-cook, heads and bones removed)
- Sea salt
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 handful parsley (chopped, a little set aside to garnish)
- 8 tomatoes (skinned and diced)
- 2 onions (cut into rings)
- ground Saffron
- 1 ¼ cups waxy potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Heat the oven to 200°C (180°C in a fan oven), 400°F, gas 6 and brush a baking dish with oil.
Season the sardines with salt and ground black pepper and place them next to each other in the prepared baking dish. Top with the garlic, parsley, tomatoes and onion rings and season with salt, a pinch of saffron and ground black pepper.
Layer the potatoes on top of the fish and vegetables, season with salt and ground black pepper, drizzle with oil, cover with aluminium foil and bake for around 20 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for another 10 minutes. Serve garnished with the remaining parsley.