- 4 small, fresh Suckling lamb shanks
- 1 Onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 large Carrot (chopped, peeled u. würfelig)
- Vegetable oil
- ¼ liter Lamb au jus (from a jar)
- 1 pinch Ground cinnamon
- Juice (of 2 oranges, organic)
- Zest (of 2 oranges, organic)
- Pastry flour (for dusting)
- 1 packet Puff pastry dough (frozen)
Season lamb shanks with salt and marjoram. Arrange together with onion and carrot cubes in a casserole dish, drizzle with a little oil and roast in preheated oven at 130°C (approximately 265°F) for about 1- 1 1/2 hours, basting meat often with lamb stock.
Shortly before the end of roasting, season cooking sauce with cinnamon, orange juice and some zest. Add a little flour to thicken sauce, if desired, and mix well.
Thaw puff pastry and cut into small squares or Christmas shapes. Arrange on a lined with parchment paper baking sheet and bake until golden according to package instructions. Garnish with orange zest. Arange sliced lamb on plates and drizzle with sauce, serve with puff pastry squares.