Pumpkin and Chicken Saute with Rice
This dish combines carbohydrates, lean proteins, and essential nutrients, making it extremely well rounded and a great dish for a those on a diet. The chicken helps build muscle because of the limited fat and plenty of protein, while the rice and pumpkin provide energy, and the fruits provide vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
If you don't like the meat and fruit combination, you can always leave out the fruit and add in some vegetables like carrots, peppers, or broccoli.
- 2.333 cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups Basmati rice
- 1.333 cups frozen peas
- 4 Chicken breasts (approx. 150 g, cut into strips)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 7 ounces Pumpkin (Hokkaido pumpkin, sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- ⅔ cup cream (at 30% fat)
- 1 cup Banana (peeled and sliced)
- ⅔ cup small, seedless Grape
- cayenne pepper