- 4 ripe Pears (about 150 grams each)
- juice of Lemons
- 400 milliliters dry White wine
- 125 grams Sugar
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon mixed Pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 3 Cloves
- ¼ teaspoon anise seeds (ground)
- ½ teaspoon Cardamom (ground)
Peel pears, leaving the stem intact. Remove cores and sprinkle with lemon juice.
In a pot, bring white wine, sugar, 400 ml (approximately 1 2/3 cup) water, and spices to a boil. Add pears and simmer about 2 minutes. Remove pears and transfer to a hot, rinsed jar or bottle. Cover with pear cooking liquid to the rim. Seal and let cool. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks. Tip: To preserve the pears longer, you will need to process the jar according to manufacturer's instructions, or visit http://nchfp.uga.edu/.