Pickled Herring Salad
- 1 small head Lettuce
- 2 tomatoes (blanched, peeled, seeded and cut into small cubes)
- 2 stalks Celery
- 8 Pickled herring
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch Dill (finely chopped)
- 1 Pickled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons Crème fraiche
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- freshly ground peppers
- ½ teaspoon sugar
Remove large outer leaves of lettuce, then rinse and spin dry.
Thinly slice celery. Cut herring into small cubes. Cut onion into rings. Finely chop pickled cucumber.
Whisk together creme fraîche, cream, lemon juice and sugar. Season with salt and pepper and combine dressing with prepared salad ingredients.
Divide lettuce leaves among 4 plates and top with herring salad.
Serve with boiled yellow potatoes, if desired.