Pear and Ginger Cupcakes
These pear and ginger cupcakes have a subtle, unique flavor and vitamin C and fiber from the pears.
If you don't have pears, apples make a great substitute.
- For the cupcakes
- 2 ¾ cups self-rising flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 4 teaspoons Ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 0.333 cup superfine caster sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- 2 firm Pear (peeled, cored and diced)
- For the pears
- 4 firm Pear (peeled, cored and diced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 Cinnamon stick (broken)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- To decorate
- 12 mini Ginger biscuit (ginger snap cookies)
For the cupcakes: Heat the oven to 400°F. Place paper liners in a 12 hole muffin tin.
Spoon into the tins and bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden and springy to the touch. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
Spoon into a piping bag and pipe on top of the pears. Place a biscuit in the center of the cream.