Passion Fruit Lemon Pops with Grapefruit Sauce
- 2 Passion fruit (each 45-50 grams, or substitute 75 ml passion fruit juice)
- 200 grams Mangoes
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 500 milliliters Lemon sorbet (or lime sorbet) (softened)
- 300 milliliters pink Grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon pomegranates
- 75 milliliters Tequila (or passion fruit juice)
- 1 stalk mint
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Aluminum foil
- 12 Plastic Egg Spoon (or wooden skewers)
Cut passion fruit in half. Scrape out seeds and pulp into a bowl. Peel, pit and chop mango. Mix both with 50 grams (approximately 1/4 cup) of powdered sugar. Divide mixture among 12 small cups, such as yogurt containers (each about 50 ml or approximately 1/4-cup capacity). Cover each cup with aluminum foil. Cut a slit in the center of the foil and insert a plastic spoon or wooden stick in each. Place in the freezer for about 4 hours.
Stir the softened sorbet until smooth. Remove cups from the freezer and fill with the sorbet around the sticks. Tap the cups on the work surface to eliminate air bubbles. Let freeze overnight.
Boil mint and remaining powdered sugar with 250 ml (approximately 1 cup) of grapefruit juice, grenadine and tequila. Add more grapefruit juice as desired. Bring to a boil, then allow to cool. Remove the mint.
Dip the cups in warm water to loosen, then remove pops from cups. Serve with the grapefruit sauce for dipping.