North African Spiced Vegetables
ready in 1 hr 5 min.
These spiced vegetables are a delicious vegan dish and are packed with vitamins and minerals.
Top this with a poached egg or pieces of grilled tofu for added protein.
Author of this recipe:
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 ½ tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Ras el hanout
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1.333 cups Sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1.333 cups zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup Beets (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup onions (sliced)
- ⅔ cup vegetable stock
- 1.333 cups cherry tomatoes (halved if necessary)
- cilantro (to garnish)
Mix together the garlic, spices and the oil.
Stir in the vegetables (apart from the tomatoes) and fry in a tagine on all sides. Add the stock, cover and braise on a medium heat for around 20 min.
Add the tomatoes and simmer for another 5-10 min. Season to taste, sprinkle with coriander and serve immediately.