Moroccan Veal with Citrus and Vegetables
9,0 / 10
6 h. 30 min.
- 3 cups Veal fillet (trimmed and diced)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 shallots (peeled and halved)
- 2 cloves garlic (lightly crushed)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 2 medium, white potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 teaspoons Ras el hanout
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 head Broccoli (prepared into small florets)
- 2 Oranges (halved and sliced)
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 1 tablespoon honey
Coat the veal in half of the oil and season generously. Heat a large casserole dish over a moderate heat until hot and seal the veal in batches until golden brown in colour all over. Transfer to a slow cooker and reduce the heat under the casserole dish a little.
Add the remaining oil and saute the shallot, garlic, carrot and potato for a few minutes. Add the ground spices, stir well, then add the broccoli, orange, stock and honey.
Pour everything from the casserole dish into the slow cooker and cover with a lid. Cook on a medium setting for 6 hours until the veal is tender and cooked. Adjust the seasoning to taste before spooning into serving tajines.