3 h. 15 min.
ready in 3 h. 35 min.
- 1 packet phyllo pastry
- 2 ½ cups Ground meat (bought or home-made)
- 2 egg yolks
- flour (for working)
- Home-made mincemeat
- 1 ⅔ cups Dried Fruit (currants, raisins, sultanas, figs, dates, apricots... )
- 0.333 cup mixed candied citrus peel (finely chopped)
- 1 cooking Apple
- ½ cup Suet
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 organic Oranges (grated rind)
- 1 organic lemon (grated rind)
- 2 tsps mixed, ground Spices (nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon)
- 2 tsps Brandy
- Vanilla ice cream (to serve)
Cannot be frozen.
1 Pot mit Deckel, 1 Measuring cups, 1 Teaspoon, 1 Whisk, 1 Tablespoon, 1 Cutting board, 1 Small knife, 1 Large knife, 1 große Skillet, 1 Slotted spatula, 1 Aluminum foil, 1 Can opener
For home-made mincemeat, finely chop or mince the apples, dried fruit, candied peel and suet. Add the other ingredients and mix well. Then put into the oven at 100°C for 3 hours and stir frequently.
Cut the pastry into double the number of circles or squares required (approx 14 cm in size). Brush with 3 - 4 tbsp melted butter and put the pieces of pastry together in twos. Brush the edges with a little egg yolk and put a little mincemeat in the middle of each piece. Gather the pastry up around the filling and press together to make purses.
Brush with the remaining egg yolk and bake in a preheated oven (200°C with fan) for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. Put on plates with vanilla ice cream, dust with icing sugar and serve lukewarm.