Meat Fondue (Lamb)
ready in 50 min.
- 2 cups undiluted chicken stock (canned)
- 5 cups hot water
- 12 Mushrooms (cleaned and trimmed)
- 3 scallions (cleaned; trimmed and sliced into 2 1/2-inch strips)
- 1 head small Chinese cabbage (leaves separated)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 piece ginger (1-inch) peeled and finely chopped
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 63 ounces lamb (sliced paper thin)
- fresh Baby spinach (for garnish)
- 4 ounces Glass noodles
1 Kitchen shears, 1 Sieve, 1 Cutting board, 1 Small knife, 1 Peeler, 1 Measuring cups, 1 großer Pot (mit Deckel), 1 Teaspoon, 1 eventuell Coffee Filter (oder Küchentuch), 1 Pot (oder Schüssel), 1 Wooden spoon, 1 Slotted spoon, 1 Fine-mesh sieve
In a large stock pot, combine chicken stock, hot water, mushrooms, scallions, cabbage, garlic, ginger root and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
Fill a Mongolian Pot with the hot mixture; light the burner under the pot to maintain a simmer.
Arrange the sliced lamb attractively on small individual serving dishes and garnish with baby spinach leaves.
Cook the sliced lamb quickly in the boiling broth. When the lamb and vegetables have been eaten, add the bean thread noodles to the pot and heat through. Ladle the soup into individual soup bowls and serve.
For Dipping Sauce:
Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and mix well. Divide dipping sauce evenly between guests.