Mascarpone and Quark Cream with Strawberries and Biscotti
- 3 Figs
- 400 grams Strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- juice of Oranges
- 200 milliliters elderflower syrup (Italian dessert wine)
- 1 Vanilla bean
- 250 grams Mascarpone (Italian double cream cheese)
- 125 grams Quark (20% fat)
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 75 grams Biscotti (Italian almond cookies)
- mint (for garnish)
Rinse and quarter figs. Rinse, hull and quarter strawberries (if large). Cook sugar in a saucepan, without stirring, until melted. Deglaze with orange juice and 100 ml Vin Santo. Simmer 5-6 minutes. Stir in strawberries and remove pot from heat. Cover and chill.
Split vanilla bean lengthwise and scrape out seeds. In a bowl, stir together vanilla bean seeds with mascarpone, quark and remaining Vin Santo. Sweeten with powdered sugar to taste. Refrigerate. Crumble biscotti.
Divide mascarpone and quark cream among 6 dessert plates. Top with fruit and drizzle with fruit juice. Sprinkle with biscotti and garnish with mint.