- 500 grams fresh Sardine (ready to cook)
- 1 onion (coarsely chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and finely diced)
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 250 milliliters dry white wine
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 100 grams Red Bell pepper (pickled such as jarred)
- 1 bunch parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic
- 125 milliliters olive oil
- 100 grams black Olives
Combine the carrot, onion, sage, peppercorns, lemon slices and wine with 250 ml of water (approximately 1 cup) and boil for about 10 minutes. Simmer slightly. Add salt and remove from the heat. Add the fish to the sauce and marinate for about 2 minutes. Take them out and let it cool. Place in a shallow dish.
Mix the oil with the parsley and the pressed garlic. Pour over the sardines and marinate for approximately 4 hours, stirring often. Arrange in a shallow dish. Garnish with peppers and olives and serve.