Marinated Figs with Pistachio Cream
- 8 fresh Figs
- 120 grams sugar
- 500 milliliters Italian Red wine
- 2 cloves
- ¼ Cinnamon stick
- 1 Star anise
- 1 Organic orange (grated zest and juice)
- 250 grams Whipped cream
- 1 packet Vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Pistachio
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped Pistachio
- 1 tablespoon Orange liqueur
- Orange peel
Peel figs with a sharp knife. Add sugar, red wine, spices, orange zest and orange juice to a pot and let it boil over high heat until liquid is reduced to a quarter of the original volume. Add figs, bring to a boil again and remove from heat, cover and leave to marinate for several hours. Whip cream with vanilla sugar until stiff just before serving and mix with grated and chopped pistachios.
To serve, arrange two figs on a plate, drizzle with orange liqueur and cover with pistachio cream. Garnish with orange zest.