Italian-style Liver with Eggplant
9,3 / 10
ready in 50 min.
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 1 Eggplant (cut into 2 cm dice)
- 4 tomatoes (peeled, deseeded and roughly diced)
- 1 cup Sieved tomatoes (or passata)
- 2 Tbsps Golden raisins
- 3 Tbsps Caper (from a jar)
- 8 slices Calf's liver (approx. 80 g each)
- 4 Tbsps Pine nuts
- 0.333 cup black Olives
- rosemary (to garnish)
Heat 2 tbsp oil and fry the onions and garlic. Add the aubergine and fry briefly, then add the tomatoes, sieved tomatoes and raisins, and simmer gently for around 10 minutes. Add the capers and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
Brush the liver with the remaining oil and grill on the hot barbecue for around 2 minutes on each side, then season with a little salt and ground black pepper.
Arrange the aubergines and vegetables on plates. Place two slices of liver on each plate and sprinkle over pine nuts and olives. Serve garnished with rosemary, and with chunks of fresh baguette.