Individual Piggy Cakes
- For the cupcakes
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps Baking powder
- ⅔ cup superfine caster sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1.333 cups plain Yogurt
- 1 Tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 0.333 cup butter (melted)
- For the peanut buttercream
- ½ cup smooth Peanut butter
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsps milk
- 0.333 cup plain Chocolate (70% cocoa solids, melted)
- To decorate
- 12 pink pig Sugar decoration
For the cupcakes: preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) 350°F gas 4. Place 12 paper cases in a bun tin.
Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar.
In another bowl mix together the egg, yoghurt, lemon zest and melted butter. Stir into the dry ingredients until just combined.
Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
For the peanut buttercream: whisk the peanut butter and butter with an electric whisk until smooth. Add the sugar and whisk until fluffy. Whisk in the milk and chocolate until smooth and thick. Chill if the mixture is too thin.
Spread the buttercream roughly on the cakes and place a sugar pig in the centre of each cake.