- For the batter
- 280 grams Pastry flour
- 100 grams chocolate-coated candies (such as M&Ms)
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 Eggs
- 75 grams Sugar
- 75 milliliters Vegetable oil
- 300 milliliters Buttermilk
- For the topping
- 150 grams Powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- chocolate-coated candies (such as M&Ms)
- colorful Sprinkles
- 1 Muffin tin
- 12 Baking cups
Grease the wells of the muffin tin with softened butter or line with paper cups.
For the batter, mix the chocolate candies, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir in the beaten eggs, sugar, oil and buttermilk.
Pour the batter into the muffin tin. Bake for about 25 minutes at 180°C (approximately 350°F). Remove from the oven and let cool.
For the topping, mix 3 tablespoons of lemon juice with the powdered sugar into a thick icing. Decorate the muffins with the icing and top with chocolate candies and sprinkles.
Let the toppings dry briefly and serve.