- 2 medium Potatoes
- 150 grams Creme fraiche cheese
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 piece fresh Horseradish root
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 4 Pickled herring
- 4 teaspoons pickled Lingonberries (jarred)
- Lemon wedges (for garnish)
- Lettuce (for garnish)
Scrub potatoes thoroughly and boil in salted water about 20 minutes until cooked. Drain, peel and let cool.
Stir crème fraîche with salt and pepper. Peel and grate horseradish. Mix with lemon juice. Combine crème fraîche and 1 teaspoon horseradish.
Cut potatoes into 8 thick slices. Halve herring, roll up and secure with toothpicks. Place 1 herring on every potato slice and top with horseradish mixture. Garnish with lingonberries and remaining grated horseradish. Serve with hearty whole grain bread.