Herring and Gravlax Appetizers
- 10 slices Whole Wheat Bread (square shaped)
- 10 slices white bread
- 4 tablespoons soft butter (for brushing)
- 1 Lettuce
- 100 grams Beets (from a jar)
- 10 Pickled herring
- 10 slices raw ham
- 400 grams Gravlax (in slices)
- 3 hardboiled eggs
- 20 Cherry tomatoes
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 tube Remoulade
- 1 tablespoon Horseradish (freshly grated or from a jar)
Brush the bread slices thinly with butter and cut in half diagonally. Rinse the lettuce, shake dry and spread over the bread slices. Dice the beets finely. Spread the diced beets over the pickled herring fillets and roll up. Place one herring roll over each whole-grain bread slice. Spread the ham and gravlax on the remaining bread slices.
Peel the hardboiled eggs and cut into slices or cubes. Rinse the cherry tomatoes and cut in half, if necessary. Rinse the herbs and lemon. Cut the lemon into thin slices.
Garnish the bread slices with cherry tomatoes, eggs, lemon, horseradish, herbs and remoulade. Serve on plates.