Green Bean Salad
Green beans are a great source of vitamin C, which helps support a healthy immune system, as well as fiber and folate.
This green bean salad is a great side salad next to a grilled chicken or steak dish.
- 14 ounces green Beans
- 9 ounces Broccolini
- 1 garlic
- 4 ounces mixed Lettuce (such as Lollo Rosso and Biondo, baby spinach, frisee lettuce)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ organic lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped Savory
Trim green beans and cook in boiling salted water for about 6 minutes until al dente. Rinse in cold water and drain. Rinse the broccolini and cut in half lengthwise. Peel the garlic and finely chop.
Trim the lettuce, rinse and pluck small. Sauté the broccolini with the garlic in hot oil for 2-3 minutes.
Deglaze with the broth, remove from the heat and leave until done, 3-4 minutes. Mix with the beans, vinegar, lemon juice, zest, lettuce, and savory. Season with salt and serve.