Gluten-Free Pistachio Bars
- 200 grams light gluten-free Pastry flour (such as Finax)
- 170 grams cold butter (cubed)
- 125 grams sugar
- 1 packet Vanilla sugar
- 100 grams ground Pistachio
- 100 grams ground almonds
- 3 drops Almond extract
- 200 grams Chocolate frosting (Finished product)
- 20 grams chopped Pistachio
- gluten-free Pastry flour (for rolling out)
- Parchment paper (for lining the baking sheet)
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Sift the flour into a large bowl. Add the cold butter cubes, sugar, vanilla sugar, ground pistachios, ground almonds and almond extract. Mix everything together using a pastry cutter or two forks, then quickly knead with hands to form a smooth dough. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C convection (approximately 375°C/340°F convection). Roll the dough out onto a floured surface to about 0.5 cm (approximately 1/5 inch) thick. Cut into 6 x 2 cm (approximately 2.5 x 3/4 inch) strips and place onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes, until light golden brown.
Remove the bars from the oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet. Spread the chocolate frosting onto the cooled bars and sprinkle with chopped pistachios. Store in an airtight container.