Glazed Marzipan Confections with Apricot Jam and Raisins
- 400 grams Marzipan
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 100 grams blanched, ground almonds
- 20 milliliters Apricot syrup
- 1 generous pinch Orange zest
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- 2 large Wafer (each about 150 x 200 cm)
- 150 grams Apricot jam
- 20 raisins
- 400 grams powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Orange juice
Dice the marzipan. In a bowl, knead the marzipan with the powdered sugar, ground almonds, apricot syrup and orange peel. If necessary, add more syrup or ground almonds to achieve the desired consistancy. On a powdered sugar dusted work surface, roll the marzipan mixture to 1/2 cm (approximately 1/4 inch) thick.
Cut out almond-shapes and place on a wire rack.
Gently heat the apricot jam in a small saucepan. Brush onto the marzipan. Set 1 raisin in the middle and allow to dry.
In another bowl, stir the powdered sugar with the lemon juice and orange juice until smooth. Brush on top of the marzipan and allow to dry.