- 100 grams dried Fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, cherries)
- 150 milliliters Whipped cream (at least 30% fat content)
- 40 grams butter
- 100 grams cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla sugar
- 50 grams honey
- 2 tablespoons Pastry flour
- 50 grams chopped almonds
- 50 grams peeled, halved Hazelnuts
- 50 grams Corn flakes
- 50 grams slivered almonds
- 100 grams dark Couverture
- 2 teaspoons neutral vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F). Chop candied fruits. Boil cream with butter, sugar, vanilla sugar and honey while stirring. Add flour, mix in chopped almonds, nuts, cornflakes and almonds.
Add candied fruit and let boil again briefly. Remove from heat. Set with 2 teaspoons of small piles at intervals of about 5 cm (approximately 2 inches) apart on a lined baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven on the middle rack for about 12 minutes until golden.
Remove immediately and with the help of the baking paper, carefully flip over (with the bottom side up) onto a cooling rack. Melt chopped chocolate in a bowl over a pot of hot, not boiling water, with oil. Coat Florentines on the bottom with chocolate and allow to dry, then serve.