- 800 grams fish fillet (solid, mixed)
- 250 milliliters dry White wine
- 250 milliliters Fish stock
- 1 Onion
- 1 teaspoon white Peppercorns
- ½ Saffron
- Tabasco sauce
- For the vegetable tempura
- 400 grams Pastry flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Egg yolks
- 400 milliliters Water
- 800 grams mixed cut Vegetables (such as eggplant, zucchini, celery, fennel, carrots, mushrooms ...)
- Fat (for fryer)
- Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
Cut fish into bite-size cubes, place in refrigerator.
Pour fish stock and wine in a pot, fill with about 2 liters (1/2 gallon) of water, finely slice onion, peppercorns and saffron. Stir, season with a few drops of Tabasco and salt and cook about 30 min. Simmer, then filter through a fine sieve into a fondue pot and refill, keeping chafing dish warm.
Spear fish pieces on fondue forks and cook in broth.
Serve with vegetable tempura and a hot chili sauce.
For vegetable tempura, mix 200g (about 7 ounces) of flour, eggs, egg yolks, water and salt into a smooth dough. Prepare fryer and preheat to 180°C (about 350°F).
Coat vegetables in remaining flour, then coat with the dough. Immediately fry until golden brown in the fryer, drain and sprinkle with lemon juice.