Festive Meat and Vegetable Fondue
- 250 grams green Asparagus
- 600 grams Chicken breasts
- 1 bunch Sage
- 125 grams Prosciutto (thin slices)
- 600 grams Beef fillet (tenderloin or center piece)
- 80 grams green Olives (pitted)
- 12 dried Tomatoes in oil
- 400 grams fresh Mini sausages
- 800 grams mixed Vegetables
- 1 l vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 thin Baguette
Rinse asparagus, drain and pat dry and peel lower third and cut off ends and cut into 4 cm (approximately 1 inch) pieces. Blanch asparagus in boiling, salted water for about 10 minutes and drain, rinse with cold water and drain. Cut chicken into cubes about 2 cm (approximately 3/4 inch). Wrap each chicken cube in a half slice of prosciutto and 1 sage leaf and cut rolls crosswise.
Slice beef into 0.5 cm (approximately 1/4 inch) slices and cut in half crosswise. Pat dry asparagus, olives, and tomatoes and alternately wrap with fillet slices and cut rolls crosswise.
Prepare mixed vegetables and cut into into bite-size pieces. To serve, fill fondue pot with oil and heat on the stove until small bubbles appear when end of a wooden spoon is submerged in oil. To serve, set fondue pot on a chafing dish and arrange all ingredients on serving plates.
Thread prepared ingredients onto fondue forks and cook in hot oil, to taste.