Diet Dessert Squares
ready in 5 h.
- ⅔ cup xylitol (plus extra to taste for the mousse)
- 6 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ ripe Banana (mashed)
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free self-rising flour
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegan Gelatin powder
- 3.333 cups Strawberries
- 1 ⅔ cups Coconut cream (chilled)
- To decorate
- grated sugar-free vegan chocolate
Heat the oven to 190°C (170° fan) 375°F gas 5. Grease a deep 23cm| 9" springform square baking tin and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
Beat together the sugar, oil, vanilla and banana in a mixing bowl until combined.
Add the flour, water and vanilla and mix well.
Put into the tin and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden. Cool in the tin.
Blend the strawberries in a food processor or blender to a smooth puree (about 200ml|1 cup). Put into a bowl.
Sprinkle over the gelatine powder and whisk until combined.
Whisk the coconut cream and xylitol to taste until thick and fluffy. Fold about 1/3 into the strawberry mixture. Continue adding the cream in small amounts until combined.
Pour on top of the cake base and chill for at least 4 hours until set.
Sprinkle with grated chocolate and cut into squares to serve.