- 225 grams Pastry flour (and some for the work surface)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar (10 grams)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 50 grams Cultured butter (room temperature)
- 150 grams Yogurt (low-fat)
- 40 grams dried cranberries
- 1 Egg
Knead the flour with the baking powder, sugar, salt, butter and yogurt. Add the cranberries.
On a floured work surface, roll the dough out about 2 cm (approximately 3/4 inch) thick. Cut out circles about 5 cm in diameter (approximately 2 inches).
Place the scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Separate the eggs (discard the whites or use elsewhere). Combine the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water and brush onto the scones.
Bake in a preheated oven at 225°C (approximately 440°F) (fan 200°C (approximately 400°F); gas mark 3-4) for about 15 minutes until golden brown.