Cognac Chocolate Truffles
- 200 milliliters Whipped cream (at least 30% fat content)
- 250 grams dark Couverture (50% cocoa)
- 200 grams Milk chocolate couveture (30% cocoa)
- 2 centiliters Cognac
- 100 grams softened butter
- 150 grams Chocolate shaving (for decorating)
Chop both types of chocolate and place in a bowl. Bring the cream to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate and stir to melt the chocolate until smooth. Gradually stir in the cognac. Cool for at least 5 hours. Cut the butter into small pieces and gradually stir into below the chocolate mixture.
Transfer to a piping bag with a large round tip and pipe even balls of the ganache onto parchment paper. Chill for at least 1 hour then roll each truffle into a smooth ball with your hands. Roll the truffles in the chocolate shavings and serve arranged in dessert glasses.