Coconut Cake with Quark and Lychee
- For the cake
- softened butter (for the springform pan)
- Semolina flour (for the springform pan)
- 5 eggs
- 1 kilogram Quark
- 100 milliliters lychee juice
- 40 grams Shredded coconut
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 packet Pudding mix (40 grams or 1 1/2 oz)
- 1 organic lemon (zested and juiced)
Preheat the convection oven to 180°C (approximately 350°F).
Grease the springform pan with butter and sprinkle with semolina. Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites until stiff. Stir the yolks with the quark, lychee juice, grated coconut and sugar. Add the custard powder, lemon juice and zest. Fold in the egg whites, pour into the springform pan and bake in the preheated oven for about 50 minutes. After about 20 minutes, cover with an aluminum foil.
Allow to cool fully, then remove from the pan. Heat the honey and liqueur and brush the cake with it. Remove the lychee from the shells and place in the center of the cake. Toast the coconut in a dry a frying pan, let cool slightly and sprinkle around the lychees. Slice and serve on dessert plates.