Chocolate Nut Bars with Cherries
- For the dough
- 350 grams Pastry flour (approximately 12 ounces)
- 150 grams ground Walnut (approximately 5 ounces)
- 250 grams cold butter (approximately 9 ounces)
- 50 grams sugar (approximately 2 ounces)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg
- For the filling
- 400 grams Milk chocolate chopped (approximately 14 ounces)
- 200 grams butter (approximately 7 ounces)
- 200 milliliters Whipped cream (approximately 7 ounces)
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams sugar (approximately 5 ounces)
- 150 grams Pastry flour (approximately 5 ounces)
- 350 grams stoned Cherries (approximately 12 ounces)
- 150 coarsely chopped Walnut (approximately 5 ounces)
For the dough: Measure flour and ground walnuts onto work surface and mix with salt and sugar. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Cut the cold butter into small pieces to distribute evenly in the mixture, and crack egg in the center of the well. Chop all ingredients well with a knife into small pieces. Then knead dough with your hands, form into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to cool.
For the filling: Mix chocolate, cream and butter over low heat, and set aside. Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy, then combine with chocolate mixture and flour, stir with a metal spoon. Fold in the cherries and chopped walnuts, mix in.
Roll dough out thinly on parchment paper the same size as baking sheet, pushing up edges of dough to form border. Spread the chocolate-cherry mixture onto dough and smooth. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour at 180°C (approximately 350°F) on the lower rack.