Chocolate-Hazelnut Cookie Coins
- 140 grams Hazelnuts (finely ground)
- 300 grams Pastry flour
- 140 grams sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1 tablespoon Rum (or rum flavoring)
- 200 grams butter
- Pastry flour (to roll out)
- 100 grams Milk chocolate couveture
- 50 grams Dark couverture chocolate
- 150 grams chocolate hazelnut spread
Combine nuts, flour, sugar and cinnamon and make a well in the center. Pour the rum into well. Place diced butter around the well. Quickly knead into a shortcrust pastry.
Wrap in foil and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Roll out dough thinly on the floured work surface and cut out 40-60 circles (depending on size). Place on a parchment-lined baking tray, allowing some distance between them and bake in preheated oven at 175°C (approximately 350°F) for about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Melt the nougat over a hot water bath. Cover half the biscuits with nougat, put the remaining half on top.
Chop the milk- and dark chocolate and combine. Melt over a hot, but not boiling, water bath. Dip cookie coins from both sides briefly into the chocolate mixture, let drip and place on baking or wax paper to dry.