Chocolate Cake with Orange Filling
- For the cake
- 2 eggs
- 125 grams sugar
- 100 milliliters vegetable oil
- 100 milliliters Orange juice
- 150 grams Pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa (dark)
- ½ packet Baking powder
- 70 grams Orange marmalade
- For the cream
- 3 tablespoons Seaberry orange fruit spread
- 400 grams cream cheese (about 2% fat)
- 200 grams Whipped cream
- 3 packages whipped cream stabilizer
- 50 grams sugar
- 50 grams Chocolate sprinkles (bittersweet, flakes)
For the cake, beat eggs with sugar for 5 minutes. Then add oil, juice, cocoa and baking powder. Pour into a greased springform pan and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for 40-45 minutes. Remove and cool cake on a wire rack. Once cool, slice once horizontally. Brush bottom cake layer with jam.
For the cream, mix cream cheese with sugar and 2 packets of stabilizer until smooth. Whip cream with remaining stabilizer and fold into cream cheese mixture along with chocolate flakes.
Surround cake base with a cake ring and spread cream on top. Add orange segments and top with second cake layer. Chill for 2 hours.
For the topping, mix powdered sugar with 2-4 tablespoons of liqueur into a thick icing. Remove cake ring and coat cake with icing. Garnish with orange zest.
Store in a cool place until ready to serve.