- 200 grams soft butter (approximately 7 ounces)
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams sugar (approximately 5 ounces, or 2/3 cup)
- 250 grams Pastry flour (approximately 9 ounces, or 1 cup)
- 100 milliliters milk (approximately 3 ounces, or 1/3 cup)
- 2 Tbsps cocoa powder
- 50 grams cornstarch (approximately 2 ounces, or 3 tablespoons)
- ½ packet Baking powder
- butter (for the pan)
- breadcrumbs (for the pan)
- powdered sugar (for garnish)
- cocoa powder (to garnish)
For cake: Combine butter with eggs and sugar, mix thoroughly. Stir flour, cornstarch and baking powder together. Stir in milk until a smooth batter has formed. Pour a third of the batter into a buttered springform pan coated with crumbs. Mix remaining batter with cocoa powder, adding a little milk if needed until smooth. Spread on top of the first layer of batter and bake in preheated convection oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) for about 40-50 min, until toothpick comes out clean. Remove and let cool in pan.
For decoration, if desired: Make a checkerboard pattern, first adding cocoa powder, then sprinkling powdered sugar on the cake, in a pattern of squares.