Cherry Chocolate Muffins
4,3 / 10
- For the cupcakes
- ⅔ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1.333 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 8 tablespoons milk
- 0.333 cup grated, plain Dark chocolate (65% cocoa solids)
- For the filling & topping
- 6 tablespoons kirsch
- 1.333 cups cream (48% fat)
- 12 tablespoons Cherry Compote
- To decorate
- ⅔ cup plain Chocolate (65% cocoa solids)
For the cupcakes: heat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) 350°F gas 4. Grease a 12 hole deep bun or muffin tin.
Beat the butter with an electric whisk until smooth. Gradually beat in the sugar and vanilla until creamy.
Gradually beat in the eggs until blended.
Sift in the flour, cocoa and baking powder alternately with the milk and fold in gently until combined. Stir in the grated chocolate.
Spoon into the tins and bake for about 25 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
For the filling and topping: cut the cakes in half. and sprinkle with kirsch.
Whisk the cream until thick and spoon half the cream on 12 cake halves and top with a little compote. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings.
Top each cake with the remaining cake halves and decorate with the remaining whipped cream, cherry compote and chocolate.