for 4 servings
- For the squid
- 1 Garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 2 Sardine (finely chopped)
- 1 Cod fillet (approx. 140 g | 1 cup, roughly chopped)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fresh Herbs (rosemary and thyme)
- 4 Squid tube (ready-to-eat)
- For the stew
- 2 carrots (sliced)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 Garlic cloves (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ⅔ cups waxy potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 3 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- cayenne pepper
- rosemary (to garnish)
Mix together the garlic, sardines, cod, egg, breadcrumbs and herbs. Season with salt and pepper and stuff the mixture into the squid tubes. Secure with toothpicks.
To make the stew, fry the carrots, onions and garlic in hot oil. Stir in the potatoes, tomato puree and the rosemary and quench with a little stock. Add the saffron and the tomatoes to the stew and simmer for approx. 10 minutes.
Add the squid tubes to the stew and allow to cook for 15 minutes. Season with salt and cayenne pepper and serve garnished with rosemary.