Braised Rabbit in Mustard Sauce with Olives
- 1 Rabbit (ready to cook, cut into serving pieces)
- Salt freshly ground pepper
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 1-2 garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 splash white wine
- 400 milliliters chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- 50 grams, green, pitted and stuffed with peppers Olives
Rinse rabbit and season with salt and pepper. Blanch tomatoes in hot water, rinse in cold water and peel. Quarter and remove seeds. Peel and slice carrots.
Peel onions and garlic and chop finely. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and brown rabbit pieces on all sides. Deglaze pan with white wine. Remove meat from the pan and set aside. Add remaining olive oil to the pan and saute onions, garlic and carrots for a few minutes. Return meat to the pan and add chicken stock. Simmer, covered, for about 50-60 minutes on low heat.
Add mustard, cream and tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Cut olives into slices add to the sauce. Arrange rabbit with vegetables and sauce on plates and serve.